This was a point-of-sale impulse buy, when I was last in the local bookshop. I was attracted to the lovely spare illustrations, and to the promised philosophical prose. While the story was as lovely as the illustrations, it was far from a deep exploration of friendship or family – or anything, really. Enjoyable, and very quick read, but not at all the exposition of dog dreams that I was expecting.
4. A book published in 2016
8. A book written by a female author
13. A book set somewhere you’ve never been (South Korea)
19. A book you can finish in a day
21. A book translated from (or in) another language
26. A book by an author whom you’ve never read